2 Corinthians 2:15-16 (AMP) For we are the sweet fragrance of Christ [which ascends] to God, [discernible both] among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; to the latter one an aroma from death to death [a fatal, offensive odor], but to the other an aroma from life to life [a vital fragrance, living and fresh]. And who is adequate and sufficiently qualified for these things?
Beloved, resist the urge to be offended when those who don’t know Me taunt and tease you. Remember the fragrance of your life is an offering to Me, it need not appeal to them nor is it likely to.
Your light reminds them that they are in darkness, and no matter how much they may have grown accustomed to the dark, I have placed a desire in each heart for My light. The longing for it can cause a jealous desire they themselves may not even recognize.
So refuse to allow yourself to be influenced by the unkind words of those around you. Instead be firmly rooted in who I say you are and walk in full confidence in your identity as a precious child of Mine.
2 Corinthians 2:15-16 (TLB) As far as God is concerned there is a sweet, wholesome fragrance in our lives. It is the fragrance of Christ within us, an aroma to both the saved and the unsaved all around us. To those who are not being saved, we seem a fearful smell of death and doom, while to those who know Christ we are a life-giving perfume. But who is adequate for such a task as this?
Lunchtime Live: Focused, Yielded Walk
- Show and tell: oversized beaded tallit called Avinu (Our Father) and matching bracelet
- Testimony: God Overriding Our Plans
- Prophetic Nugget: Walk in Full Confidence
- Dyed4you Art: Enter the Promise and Hedged In
- Dyed4you silk: large bendie wings (5mm aka “light” weight silk) called My Path (read the word for Silk: My Path)
- Other stuff: MeghanW posts called “Minding the Thorns (Leviticus 26)” and “Keys for Hearing God”
- Music: Background music is from Music to Pray By